Monday, February 23, 2009

Mother and Child Shots

Most of you know I am always on the look out for beautiful moms to photograph for my reference library.  I am starting to paint a series of mother and child paintings this year (the first one is on my easel right now).  When I met C and her daughter A... I thought it was so great to see how much they look alike, yet with such different coloring.  The shapes of their faces are very similar, and so are their features, yet their hair and eye color are so different.

They were great to work with... I am sure I will have a tough time narrowing the pics down when I start to paint.   What shot (or combined shots)  do you think I should paint?








The one below is one of my favorites --

I like the expressions in this one too -
A was cracking me up -- using her elbow to smash the dough.


After the cookie making session, we went outside to take some more shots just for fun.









Thanks for helping me out C and A!

2 comments:

Teri said...

I like the two that you pointed out as your favorites too...but I really like the idea of being able to see the difference in their eye color...the light and the dark.
That little girl has beautiful brown eyes!

Alyce said...

I like the 12th one....with them carefully placing the cookie cutter on the dough and the little girl's tongue out a little. She is really concentrating. What a fun project!