Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Mother and Child Painting #4

Most of you have seen this already and it will likely end up in one of my family blog posts too... so sorry if you get tired of seeing it.

I decided to enter a juried show with the theme celebration.  The deadline was July 31st so when I got home on the 23rd from vacation, I had to get busy.  I had  been thinking about ways to incorporate a mother and child into a "celebration" painting, when the idea came that it would be fun to do them watching fireworks.  On the 4th I was extra thrilled when my little nephew kept his ears covered the entire time.  I loved the extra personality it added, not to mention that most moms can relate, so it feels like they are looking at themselves at some point in their lives.  

I love how the mother and child turned out, but wasn't super thrilled with the fireworks, but had to get my entry emailed.  I may end up painting over just the fireworks and giving it another shot, but not until my schedule dies down a bit.

Thanks so much to J and L for letting me take photos of them to use for this.

No comments: