Sunday, June 19, 2011

Thought this fit here

Last week I was talking with a couple of friends about Father's Day gifts.  One friend mentioned that she had seen some cute blocks with pictures on them.  We thought it would be fun to make for our hubby's to put on their desks at work, but instead of the small typical craft size blocks we decided to go bigger.  We had a 6 inch square beam cut into blocks to use. 

I wish I had pictures of the blocks the other gals made because we all did different things.  One painted hers yellow and did one block with her kid's artwork on it and one with black and white photos.  Another friend stained hers and used recent photos of each child and a quote on top, and another friend did black with green paper and photos on all 6 sides.
I really wanted to use the pictures that I have been taking each Father's Day ever since Jake became a dad in 2002.  I decided to use 3 blocks and spell dad across the top.  

The picture below helps you see a bit better the size.

1 comment:

Carola said...

The blocks are really cool! What a great Father's Day gift.