Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Website Front Page

Here is a black version?

Ok... here is one more... all these in random order now.. 
I think I like this one the best.  I think you can click on it to see it larger too.


Hey Teri and Ash, and whoever else happens to see this...
I am trying to get my website updated and come up with a nice front page.  Following are the logo I decided on (it is similar to how I sign my work) and an idea for the first page of my website.
Please let me know your opinions!  If some of the stuff sticks out, or seems out of place, too much, not enough etc.  I wanted to have some, photos, illustrations, pastel, and pencil.  I have a painting that I did for a friend that I don't have pics of, if she gets around to sending it to me, I would put it where the one of Justin with the three girls is.

(ok, later I added 2 other options)




9 comments:

Teri said...

I like your VA logo. Looks good to me...Hey, you should make me one of those nativity matroschka (uh I won't pretend I know how to spell that) dolls. Is that an illustration from that book you did on top? Just wondering

Vicki said...

Don't worry I don't know how to spell it either, I just call them nesting dolls, cuz it's easier.
And, it is an illustration from that book.

C'mon, there has got to be a little constructive critisism you can give me ...

Teri said...

Ok, the only thing I notice is that only one pic is overlapped (the one of the boy on the right.) It kinda stands out to me. I want to make the whole thing big to see it better, but I can't. I want to see it big because I can't tell exactly what the pic in the top right is...I assume it has to do with your wall murals...
Is that better?

Vicki said...

Yes, much better:)
I messed up and didn't save it big... so I would have to do the first one again if I decide to go with something like that.... I tried to go back and put it on here big so you could click on it, and that is when I realized I didn't save it that way (CRAP) anyway, the one in the corner is an illustration, and Jake said the same things you did, someone in my photog forum said they thought it was too busy, so that is why I tried the other two.

Teri said...

ok, I'm flattered that you include the pic of me and Justin, but maybe you need to find two "prettier models" to "represent" you. :)
I like the idea of color in there, because I've always loved your color usage. Maybe swap the pic of me with the painting of Journee or the 'nesting dolls'?

Vicki said...

I used your suggestions ad changed one pic in the black version to b&W do you like that better?

Teri said...

I like the black background a lot. Yes, the new one is my favorite. :)

Kelli said...

Vicky,

I definately like the black one the best. It's less busy. The white one at the top of the post is the best of the white ones, but somehow the black tames it and makes it look more polished.

I love the logo. Do you have a link?

Kelli said...

Ugh, and why did I spell your name with a y? Us "i" girls have got to stick together. Sorry!